Monday, May 5, 2014

Catching up


I have written bits and pieces of TONS of posts in my head for the last two months.  Practically every day the Lord showed off in one way or another and I wanted so desperately to share those moments here...

But I just couldn't- and I'm learning that's ok!

I'm finishing up a really wonderful book that I highly recommend- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality, by Peter Scazzero.  In it, among many other things, I am learning to more humbly embrace the limits God has placed in my life.  I'm learning to be more present in the day to day and less distracted with my to-do list- it's really a great read!  So in this season with 3 active and highly-needing-mama kiddos time to write will be scarce... 

With all that being said, I have a quiet minute while my little lady sleeps and my fellas watch an afternoon Disney movie to catch you up!



In March... 


Spring started to make an appearance and Ms. Ruthie B turned 10 months old!















In April... 

we partied a ton!



Ruthie went to her first birthday party where we celebrated sweet Wren's first year!



Then we celebrated another milestone for Miss Ruthie- 11 months!

 


And then we celebrated the resurrection of our Lord with our church family on Easter Sunday!






Now you're caught up!



This week is a most special week... 

this Thursday, May 8th, is our Ruthie girl's first birthday!  We celebrated with friends and family on Saturday and it was a beautiful, beautiful time (more on this later).


This week I will be reflecting on our first days with our precious girl... and I will be praying intently for Ruthie's birthmother.  There will possibly never be adequate words to express the gratitude we feel for her selfless and sacrificial decision to place her baby girl in our family... but I want to try... soon.

As we approach Ruthie's birthday I want to ask you for a favor- will you please join me in praying for her birthmom?  Please pray that God would cover her with His feathers and shelter her with his wings.  Pray that she will clings to his promises as her armor and protection.  Pray too that the Lord will be near her and comfort her as she passes what I assume will probably be a difficult anniversary.


Big hugs and big thanks,
Maria



2 comments:

  1. I definitely will be praying for her this week. Birthdays for birth moms are very hard, especially the first one! Kaylee's 10 year is quickly approaching and somedays the weight is so heavy of my "loss" but it is the joy of our blessings God has given us that upholds me. Praying for all of you this week! Birthdays are hard for me as a momma, too. I'm just a big emotional softy :-) Happy Birthday Ruthie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family! Ruthie is just the most beautiful, happy little girl!!! Keeping her birthmom in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete